I was trying to decide what to make for Life Group tonight, so I looked in the pantry at available ingredients. Since I had an unopened bag of Heath Bar Bits, I did a search for a Toffee Cookie recipe, and came across this one at recipegirl.com. (Thank you, Recipe Girl! I can already tell I'll visit your site again soon!)
These cookies turned out DELISH, so watch out Life Group ... one bite of these babies and you'll be praising the Lord for giving you taste buds. Enjoy!
Sparkling Butter Toffee Cookies
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
1/2 cup toffee bits (or more)
additional sugar for rolling (sparkling white sugar works best)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats (or leave them ungreased).
2. Combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until creamy.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to wet mixture and beat until well mixed. Stir in toffee bits by hand.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Flatten each with bottom of a glass to 1½-inch circles (if glass sticks, dip in sugar).
5. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are just lightly browned. Do not overbake. Sprinkle with additional sugar while warm. Cool completely.
Yield: About 3 dozen