Saturday, June 11, 2011

Holy Guacamole ... it's Avocado Salsa!

Something about summertime makes me crave chips, salsa and guacamole even more than normal (and that is saying a lot). That's why when my friend Shannon made Avocado Salsa for our Cinco de Mayo Bunco night (muchas gracias, amiga!), I went "loca" for this tasty treat! Ever since then, I've been craving it and finally got the recipe from her, so here it is! Enjoy!
Avocado Salsa
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (4 oz) package crumbled feta cheese
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 teas. dried oregano
1/2 teas. salt
2 avocados, chopped
Serve with tortilla chips.  Make this salsa shortly before serving for best results.  Avoid refrigerating it-texture of the tomatoes will soften.

My favorite tortilla chips are Mission Tortilla Chip Strips ... they sell them at Target, or I buy them in a giant bag at Costco for large groups!

No comments:

Post a Comment